Lechuza review by Fenix TX

• Released: May 22, 2001
Fenix TX: Lechuza

Fenix TX's Lechuza is a mixture of punk and hard rock, with a touch of saddness. The music is a constant rush of energy even on the sad songs. They mix fufilling lyrics with hammering guitars. This CD is old, but each time you listen to it, you wanna hear it again. Their previous record was a more upbeat record but this shows are harder and softer (that's a contradiction) sides of the band. To hear a good 'ol punk song. Listen to El Borracho and wait.

The lyrics are full of angst but still have the real life simularity. I agree with a lot of the lyrics that are sung, because as a previously stated there it a relationship between listener and lyric. Some times you can't fully make out the lyrics, but the music makes up for that. James, the singer, isn't an "American Idol" worthy singer, but he knows how to better Fenix TX's music. On songs suck as Beating A Dead Horse he shines, in my opinion.

They were once compared to Blink 182, myself being a fan of Blink, can't see that. I actually like this CD, more than I like Blink. The most impressive song on the album is "Tearjerker". It's gives off a sad feeling, but still has a dash of aggression. I love the musical style and contrast. There isn't anything I hate about this album. If it were lost or stolen, I would buy another one and put in a secure place for safe keeping, but still always listen to it.

fmfualex
    Dude i totally agree with the Blink comparison, fair enough they're both pop/punk but their music isn't really similar at all. Both awesome though, This album is brilliant, personally i think they're best on the heavier songs. Beating On A Dead Horse and Something Bad Is Gonna Happen are the best two in my opinion.