Fiction Family Review

9.4
 9.7
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Fiction Family Reviewed by: Switchfoot555, on may 19, 2009

Sound: Jon Foreman and Sean Watkins are a great combo for a group putting together a great album of acoustic songs, yet they have The Beatles sound in a couple songs. The first song "When She's Near" is really catchy and it gets in your head as soon as the first note is picked. These two guy's show there true talent with songs that are mostly picking and are pretty tough to figure out. Yet the sound goes from a Beatles type sound to Folk and Country which are really neat. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics to almost every song on this album are about love and a girl and about being in love. A couple of the songs, such as "When She's Near","Not Sure", "Elements Combined", and "War in My Blood" are really songs that hit home with me because there is a girl that I feel about this way and are what I've tried to put down on paper my self. I'd say that the Sean Watkins song are actually better than the Jon Foreman songs, but overall I just love the album. // 9

Overall Impression: Take it from me buy this album if your into acoustic songs. It is a great start for this duo and I hope they would put out another album in a couple years. It will have you listening over and over. And if some stole my iPod (I don't have the CD; if I bought I'd rather by the record and not the CD) then I would go Jet Li on them ('Cause you know it's my iPod I got Like a thousand songs on it). // 10

Comments