Grand Unification review by Fightstar

• Released: Mar 16, 2006
Fightstar: Grand Unification

WOW! Like another user said just, wow! I cannot believe what I heard when I actually heard this album for the first time. I thought that this had to be fake, no band can come into the rock community and possibly be as powerful as this. I mean it's like a metal simulator. It's so heavy and it's just awesome in every way! I believe that Charlie was in this band for a long time but then split from his previous band to join this one! I am amazed that they are not the band oh the moment they are just so good. I think that Charlie has done well for himself since his previous band (Busted). I think it's a bit childish when people say his talent was wasted in Busted, I mean that's what started him off in this band. If it wasn't for Busted it would have taken a long time for this awesome album to come out and actually be as good as it is!

I think that both Charlie (Lead and Rhythm Guitar, Vocals and Piano) and Alex (Westaway, Lead and Rhythm Guitar and Vocals) have expressed a lot of feelings in this album and I'm sure this is something that Charlie and the whole band can be proud of! I feel that the lyrics fit in rather well with the music but you should watch out for the song "Grand Unification Pt. 2". I am not gonna tell you what it's like but it's just a terrible song to be honest with you! Both Alex and Charlie have shown some very powerful singing skills in this album, mostly from Charlie because I feel that Alex has the weaker voice! I think that the screaming could be done a little better, especially in "Paint Your Target".

This album is just something every fan of (good) music should have. This is something special. I don't know what it is about it, it's just absoloutly great. Well Done Fightstar! This is doesn't really compare to any bands as it is a combination of different style song (None that are pop by the way). The most impressive songs on the album I think are: Hazy Eyes, Paint Your Target, Open Your Eyes, Grand Unification Pt. 1, Waste A Moment, Sleep Well Tonight and Here Again (Last Conversation). Although that is nearly all the album it just only has like 1 bad track on it (Grand Unification Pt. 2) and the others are blasting out pure metal. I hate the fact that it is so good and love that fact that it couldn't (Probably) be any better! Buy this and you will love it!

GoldSoundzUKNZ
    i love this album. i was quite hesitant, but it turned out really good. kudos to charlie. and ug, please fix the intro - it was certainly NOT produced by Machine Head, Funeral for a Friend and Slipknot (but Colin Richardson did also produce albums by those bands...)!
    soad1232
    For ever person with doubts... Charlie had started Fightstar way back in Dec '03 before the busted break up, given the choice it was Fightstar, and i bet many people will agree that was one of the best decisions for a while. This band rule, simple as, to any metal fan shouting this and that, just listen to their Metallica cover of Leper Messiah, a great cover. Also, in my personal opinion they play She Drove Me To Daytime TV better than the original by Funeral. This Band = Simply Amazing. Endof. If you simply HAVE listened to them, and just don't like them, then fair enough. Those of you who haven't on the other had, may listen to them, then may end up liking them, which i've seen happen many times before! One Day Son, This Will All Be Yours 24th Sep 07 (Y)
    Vintage_Axe
    He quit Busted as they played Wembley to go and carry on with a band supporting bands at university venues and smaller. I give him as much credit as I can. Their music is great.
    [scarlet]
    It has been produced by Funeral For A Friend, Machine Head & Slipknot.
    wtf? dude it was produced by Colin Richardson, who worked with these bands. honestly...
    Vizulize
    LOL! Produced by Slipknot.. They would spit on this band. Not that I'm saying F* are bad, they're my favourite band ever, but Slipknot would say otherwise I'm sure.
    WARLOCK123
    this is a good album but some of the tracks sound like fillers that the label might have wanted to out n there
    FenderMaster
    Given some time and perspective, this really is a fantastic record, one of my favourites of the 21st century and I'm ashamed to ever have doubted these guys, they're incredible.
    jackdude500
    I disagree with the second reviewer on that he thought Grand Unification Part II was a bad song, for me it was oddly the first song I heard from the album. After hearing that one song it inspired me to listen to the rest of the album.