One Day Son, This Will All Be Yours review by Fightstar

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
Fightstar: One Day Son, This Will All Be Yours

The sound in this album is arguably better than the previous release. Here, we have great riffs done in a whole load of different keys and tempos. Tannhauser Gate for example, that song is played in drop A#, on a six string guitar. Low tunes equal to heavy sound I guess. Fightstar have also layered the guitars many times to make the album sound mjuch more, again, heavy and fuller! I mean the music is just fantastic, it's some of the best work I have ever heard since Offspring released Smash in 1994. The great thing about this record, is it's different, every track on this album sounds different. Which I think is great personally. Take Deathcar, for example. The second heaviest song on the album. And then we have another incredible song like You & I. Compare those, they bare in comparison. Here is what I think of the album as a sound point of view:

01. 99 - this is a great sounding song. Amazing vocals, guitar work, a great opener to a great album.
02. We Apologise For Nothing - this track has many layers of guitars for extra sound. It was very interesting for me to tab.
03. Floods - very plain song for guitar. But for piano it's rather fun to play.
04. One Day Son - great post-hardcore here. Got the feel that Paint Your Target gave me, when I first listened to that.
05. Deathcar - mindblowing track. Great guitar work done here. Ad the use of drums is incredible.
06. I Am The Message - another rather boring song, but good nonetheless. Fun to play.
07. You & I - another incredible song. Great guitar work, another track that's layered. Look out for this one.
08. Amaze Us - good to out the Wah, once in a while. Great song.
9. H.I.P (Enough) - another rather boring song to play on guitar. But drums and bass, it's quite cool.
10. Tannhauser Gate - very complicated, tuning your guitar down this low can be tricky. Get a thicker set of strings.
11. Our Last Common Ancestor - great song to play. Nice and chilled.
12. Unfamiliar Ceilings - another layered song from what I hear. Should be fun.

In the song Unfamiliar Ceilings, there is a guest voice from vocalist, Rachel Haden. Great vocals on this record. I think Als voice gets starts to get stronger and stronger through the record. Charlie's voice however has just improved on the screaming. Deathcar and Tannhauser Gate for screaming. Al doesn't do much screaming on the record. Two incredible vocalists though.

I think Fightstar have grown so much in songwriting, vocals and just overall being great musicians. This album will be something to be proud of. Easily the most impressive songs on the album are: Deathcar, You & I, Tannhauser Gate, Amaze Us. There are no bad songs on the album in my opinion. I love the fact that Fightstar have made a second album and not gone downhill. most bands like that just make rubbish music. Fightstar make real music. A great band. A great album.