One Day Son, This Will All Be Yours review by Fightstar

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
Fightstar: One Day Son, This Will All Be Yours

the sound of this album showed extreme knowledge of music, I think it showed that charlie simpson and his crew really embrace music and can manipulate it to do what they want. All of the songs are quite dark and they really make you feel a certain way, it's hard to put your finger on it I think that it affects everyone differently. they definatly have their own sound which is ezpecially shown in this album, the use dropped c tuning for most of their songs and this does add to the dark mood quite a bit. another great thing is that this album is in such great proportion, the song is very heavy and made me jump when I firsted listened to it but it is balanced out by the chilled dark fightstar signature thing they have going on in between the heavier parts. also for instance the song unfamiliar ceilings really does show how much variation and subtlty fightstar have, it's a beautiful song and the use of the womans voice and that style of music is pure genious

the lyrics are sometimes quite difficult to understand but it doesnt't really matter because they really blend with the music. again the lyrics are very dark, I really like this darkness but it's an aquired taste, take it or leave it (personally I'd take it) oh my god the lyrics and the music just flow together they did an exellent job in composition, but one thing that articularly struck me about this album is it's imagery. I have never listened to an album that painted a more vivid picture in my head it's unbeleivable, it may be different for other people but I listen to this album and imagine that I am the last person on earth it's really quite affecting.

well charlie simpson has come a long way since busted obviously, it shows that he is so much more comfortable making musc that he enjoys. the album is superb, buy it if you haven't already it's fantastic. the most impressive song for me is 'our last comon ancestor' I think this is because it affects me personally at this moment in time and again with the imagery it just paints this picture in my head. also the music in that song is really well thought of it varies in pace and volume it's fantastic. I love everything about this CD fcs buy it!