They Liked You Better When You Were Dead review by Fightstar

• Released: Feb 28, 2005
Fightstar: They Liked You Better When You Were Dead

Fightstars debut album 'They Liked You Better When You Were Dead,' is surprisingly unique and should impress even the most critical music lovers. Despite some bad press and of course, Charlie's past, this album is quite different from other emo bands and the sounds obtained from the different instruments are outstandingly well put together and fit perfectly from verse to chorus etc.

The lyrics of the songs are well structured and they seem to me to be heartfelt. The singing is brilliant and the higher notes reached by the backing singer really compliment the frontman on all the tracks. The compliance of the lyrics and the music is completely natural, which is the sign of a great band in the making!

For a debut album, this is a strong masterpiece. I hope that the band are not underrated because of the fact Charlie was in another band, because these guys are one offs. The most kick ass song I have to say is Palahniuks laughter. The riffs, the lyrics, the drum solos, the sheer brilliance! I strongly advise getting this album, and it is definitely for fans of funeral for a friend and emo lovers!