They Liked You Better When You Were Dead review by Fightstar

• Released: Feb 28, 2005
Fightstar: They Liked You Better When You Were Dead

I first heard one of the tracks on this EP "Pahlaniuks Laughter" on the radio. Its a brilliant song and I've gotta say I was pretty surprised to hear that it was Fightstar because I'd heard some bad things about them. But I decided id buy their EP to see what they were like and it's really impressive and not like what I expected them to be at all. They have a great sound and if you like great riffs and heavy catchy choruses you will love Fightstar.

Charlies Simpsons time with Busted made him pretty well known for some pretty bad and embarresing lyrics the ones that spring to mind are "The Year 3000" and "What I Go To School For." But Fightstar's lyrics are alot maturer and deeper. There are some great lyrics in the songs the most heart felt lyrics are defenatly in "Pahlaniuks Laughter" and "Amathyst" where the second vocalist Alex Westway sings the versus brilliantly and Charlie Belts out the choruses. Both their voices are perfect for the songs and each song has fantastic choruses.

Fightstar even though a bit controversial because of Charlie Simpsons past are a really impressive band. They have a great EP and if any ones not sure about them I'd say i'ts defenatly worth getting if your an emo or rock fan. But if your a busted fan your gonna have to get over it and realise Charlie Simpson milked busted for all the money he could then left to do some proper music. Not a Single weak track on this EP and a I reckon many fans of emo and rock music will be pleasantly surprised when they hear this EP.