We Speak The Truth review by Final War

Final War: We Speak The Truth

The second CD in the Final War library consists of 16 great sounding tracks. The sound quality is that of a professional studio, and the CD catches every chord on the accoustic songs. The impression I get from this CD is all around "Night Out," or "Asskicking" songs. Eminem's fight music sounds like an Elementary fight song compared to some of the tracks in here, "Senseless Violence" being the first to come to my mind. Although the band is very aggressive while playing most of the songs, other tracks in this LP might just be something to raise your hand to your heart in pride. Notice most of these songs have screaming solos, so along with the "punk" sound in this, you also get a very nice piece for all the riff haters.

Lyrics are what makes this CD great, yes it does have the solos, yes it has the aggressive music, but instrumentals just don't sell. What I am listening to with this CD are guys not ranting, not crying, whining, they are telling you to fight. Like most punk bands, this band is saying "Fight the System!" on a numerous amount of their songs. Other songs have to deal with friendship and unity among your closest friends. Most of the songs do rhyme, and the one or two songs that don't are enjoyable anyhow. The lyrics are aggressive as the music and pause so you can hear the solos. If you are not inspired by this band, then punk just isn't for you.

Comparing this album to their first album would be going up a great step. This really sets the standard for punk/patriotic in the ever-growing manifestation of crap this scene has brought forth to us. My favorite songs are "A Day in the Life," "Victory or Death," and "Final Attack." Yet it is not uncommon for me to like aggressive music, as that is just what keeps me ticking. The thing I love about this music so much is that it just never gets old, I have this in my car and I still listen to it atleast twice a week, and I've been listening to this for about 7-8 months now. A thing I don't like this CD is that you must accustom to it. When I first heard his voice I hated it. Now it's just "music to my ears." If this was lost I would no doubt get this same/next day no questions asked. There cannot be a force that is great enough to stop me from buying original, great music.