Say Hello To Sunshine review by Finch

• Released: Jun 7, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Finch: Say Hello To Sunshine

I have just bought the newest Finch CD, and I expected it to be just as good as the last album. However, I was disappointed because the sound has changed much. The sound has gotten rougher and doesn't have that original Finch sound that it had on their album before "Say Hello To Sunshine." The album doesn't have those memorable songs like "Letters To You" and "What It Is To Burn." You kinda have to have the songs grow on you to like them.

The lyrics have also changed. It seems like Nate either got a better volcabulary list between "What It Is To Burn" and "Say Hello To Sunshine," or he used a dictionary when he wrote the lyrics for "Say Hello To Sunshine." The lyrics made me think about what in the world the song was saying. I couldn't even begin to understand what the song was about. I believe the lyrics could have been better written to where people can understand what the song is about just like "Letters To You."

If you are a big Finch fan just like me, you probably thought "Say Hello To Sunshine" was going to be another excellent Finch album, but it isn't. You should probably just wait until you find the CD at some pawn shop and get it. Don't waste your money. The best songs on the album are "Bitemarks And Bloodstains," "Insomniatic Meat," and "Bleed Brother Bleed." Although this seems to be a bad review, I am a huge Finch fan and I have long waited and anticipated this album. But I have been let down.