Finger Eleven Review

Finger Eleven: Finger Eleven
Released: Jun 17, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Metal, Hard Rock, Post-Grunge
It's a fair assumption that Finger Eleven signifies a personal victory for this Canadian quintet, but only time will confirm its prophecy of a new dawn for this well-intentioned group.
 8.8
 8.7
 8.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Finger Eleven Reviewed by: canadian_woo, on december 01, 2004

Sound: The sound of Finger Eleven's 3rd album is very different to all of Finger Eleven's previous albums. This isn't necessarily a bad thing either. The songs are definitely more experimental and a lot softer than most of Finger Eleven's previous stuff. The album contains a beautiful blend of music from soft acoustic ballads like "Thousand Mile Wish" & "One Thing" to harder tracks like "Good Times" & "Obvious Heart". You definitely get a nice assortment of music from this CD. // 8

Lyrics: I think the lyrics of this album are the real standout for me and they seem to be able to flow over the music beautifully (this is evident is tracks like "One Thing" & "Absent Elements". Finger Eleven's singer Scott Anderson has a truly unique and beautiful voice that really elevates this album. // 10

Overall Impression: Although this isn't as good as their "Greyest Of Blue Skies" album it is definitely the second best album by Finger Eleven. My favorite tracks on this album are; "One Thing", Obvious Heart, "Good Times" and "Absent Elements". The thing I love about this album is that it is very experimental with different sounds, my only complain is that there is a little to many soft tracks for my liking. If this CD was lost or stolen I would buy it again because I believe finger eleven is going to become one of Canada's biggest bands in the near future. // 8

Comments