Tip Review

Finger Eleven: Tip
Release Date: Sep 15, 1998
Label: Wind-up
Genres: Post-Grunge
This collection of powerful and deeply felt songs moves through rock soundscapes with impressive results.
 8.9
 8.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Tip Reviewed by: fattymcfat97, on february 16, 2006

Sound: This is by far the best Finger Eleven album. It has a great mix of heavy and slow songs and all of it has a great sense of funk added to the group, probably cause they started out as a funk band. The heavier songs I think were the best because they all had amazing guitar work by James as lead and Rich just keeps the music going with a driving force, which, for this band is really hard because it seems like on this album the band had a lot of fun with changing tempos in the middle of the song which is where Rick the drummer has his part. The singing is of course great, Scott is very talented. And Scott's brother pulls the sickest bass lines! // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are good for a debut album. It seems like something the average "angst" ridden teenager can relate too but at the same time it seems like it's at such a higher level then that. Sometimes the lyrics are too agressive for the slower songs but most the time all of it clicks very niceley. Of course like I said before Scott is a great vocalist and he has incredible range and that is what drives his lyrics. // 8

Overall Impression: You can't really compare this album to anything musically because the guitar is very different from most Alternative bands these days but there is a destinct similarity in Scott Anderson's voice and the guy from Three Days Grace. The best songs on this album are definateley "Tip," "Above," "Condenser," "Quick Sand," "Shudder" and "Awake And Dreaming." I love most of the heavy songs but I don't like it towards the end of the album it get's kind of repetive and boring. If it were lost or stolen I might buy it again, but I lost the Finger Eleven self titled album so I probably would have to buy that one again first. // 9

Comments