Much More Than Much Love Review

Finley Quaye: Much More Than Much Love
Release Date: Mar 16, 2004
Label: Epic
Genres: Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
There is an undeniably inviting quality to this third Quaye album, a crowd-pleasing sensibility that may well be genetic.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Much More Than Much Love Reviewed by: Jayden, on february 20, 2006

Sound: I came apon this guy watching "The OC." His song Role The Dice was playing as back-ground music. After a week of searching I found the song name and artist. He uses his instruments well in the album and backing vocals compliment the songs extremely well. Personly I would suggest a bigger bass line. But other than that, quality sounds. When Finley Quaye burst onto the British music scene in 1997 his debut album Maverick A Strike quickly established him as one of the few truly innovative artists around. Providing hits such as Sunday Shining, Even After All and the much lauded Ultra Stimulation EP, Maverick was a groundbreaking record that defined the summer of 1997 and beyond, winning Finley a Brit for Best Male Artist in 1998. Fast forward to the year 2000 and the Maverick strikes back. The new album is "Vanguard." The single is "Spiritualized," something of a departure from previous encounters, a rolling, rumbling track about love, life and learning. The rule book is gone. Finley has embarked on a musical journey. Breaking down boundaries before they exist. Redefining himself and in doing so challenging what we know and understand. Smelting digital with the past and present to make the new sound of now. // 7

Lyrics: He has a unigue voice and brilliant intonation. His style has a bit of David Gray in there but he pulls his album of in his own way. Lyrics can reseve a bit variation. I would like to hear him where a song realy carries his voice to a higher and stronger pitch. His voice carries, and that is a very big plus for the man. // 7

Overall Impression: The album has a bit of gray in it but as I said he pulls of somthing unigue. He had my full attension from the first note. "Dice" is my personal favorite song on th album and his acoustic guitar sets a great rithem. The melodies could need a bit more oemf though. If the CD got stolen I will be in the shop 5 min later. This artist needs more support! // 7

Comments