Visor Om Slutet Review

Finntroll: Visor Om Slutet
Released: Apr 7, 2003
Genre: Folk, Folk Rock, Acoustic
Label: Spikefarm Records
"Visor Om Slutet" including 11 songs, fully acoustic. It's also first time Tapio Wilska is in the band, and the last time Katla sings.
 8.2
 8.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Visor Om Slutet Reviewed by: zannibal, on october 21, 2011

Sound: "Visor Om Slutet" is actually an EP including 11 songs, fully acoustic. It's also first time Tapio Wilska is in the band, and the last time Katla sings. All the songs are kinda weird, so I'll just go one by one: 01. "Suohengen Sija" - An instrumental, sounds like some movie soundtrack. Short and nice song to begin the EP. 02. "Asfågelns Död " - One of best songs from Finntroll ever. Also first song where Tapio is singing. Nice troll sounding song. 03. "Försvinn Du Som Lyser" - A happy sounding song. Sounds like a drinking song. 04. "Veripuu" - Short and really weird song, wery symphonic. 05. "Under Varje Rot Och Sten" - Begins with really cool soundtrack stylish part and after that comes "Försvinn" stylish "drinking song". 06. "När Allt Blir Is" - Very... very weird song... can't describe it really 07. "Den Sista Runans Dans" - Relaxing acoustic song with singin at the end. Nice one 08. "Rov" - ...what did I just listen? Not music, just some... voices... 09. "Madon Laulu" - Some old Finnish shaman song as far as I know... yeah... Interesting song, but you wont be listening to this many times most likely. 10. "Svart Djup" - Beautifull acoustic folk song. 11. "Avgrunden Öppnas" - Another kinda symphonic song... nice outro. As you see, really weird EP. I really don't like those weird songs, but other than that, cool! // 8

Lyrics: I really don't know much about the lyrics. "Asfågelns Död" and "Svart Djup" seems to be only songs with real lyrics. Others are just weird, like "Madon Laulu" which is some shaman curse I think. This is also the only Finntroll release that has no growling or screaming. And the clean singin from both Katla and Wilska works fine. // 9

Overall Impression: This is so much different from other albums, that you can't really compare. Totally worth getting, if you can find it somewhere. Shouldn't bee that rare. Nice epic soundtrack stylish songs and also cool relaxing folk songs. They should just cut out those too weird ones like "Rov". Or maybe they should put these songs on their real albums..? It could maybe have lasted longer than 32 minutes. Anyways, nice to see someone doing something like this. I hope we see something like this from some folk band in future. // 8

Comments