Unbreakable review by Fireflight

• Released: Mar 4, 2008
Fireflight: Unbreakable

Fireflight's musical evolution is taking a great path, and with Unbreakable the band incorporates many different musical styles, ranging from hard rock to soft/acoustic. The vocals are easily some of the most powerful female vocals in Christian music, simply put. The harmonics used in the vocals also add a nice touch. The guitar also holds it's own with some sweet riffs that really give this album it's kick, and also complement the vocals nicely.

The lyrics in this album are top-notch, dealing with the problems of struggling with faith, and life in general. They give words of encouragement and empowerment, and Dawn delivers these lyrics in a powerful and understandable way. The guitarist also provides some backup vocals and is also a very talented vocalist.

Fireflight has proven that they have what it takes to compete in the Christian music scene with this album, rivaling the best on many fronts. Hard rock fans will enjoy songs such as Unbreakable and Stand Up which provide a sound that can be easily compared to bands like Pillar and Skillet, but they also deliver some slower songs such as Brand New Day that the contemporary fan will also enjoy. No matter what type of Christian music you are in to, you will find something to love in Unbreakable.

xTheVulcan
    I'm loving this album. It's got enough power behind it to grab attention, as well as the vocals being very nice. Somehow I can picture the vocalist being a country singer in tracks like 'Brand New Day'
    ClassicDisaster
    I love this band and cd I recently booked them to play a show at our church they're great people and put on an awesome show