Burning Earth review by Firewind

• Released: Nov 11, 2003
Firewind: Burning Earth

The music of Firewind it is based on power metal (sometimes they use and keyboards). It is amazing and specially the song The Longest Day you can see that Firewind can write and great music for ballads. The music of Firewind is usually dificault to play it on the guitar and that makes the guitarist of Firewind(Gus G)very special. He always improves that he is a skilled guitarist. Also, important on this album is the excellent solos; They are worth listening to them!

The lyrics of Firewind speak about war, fights, battles etc..rarely they speak for freedom. This album follows this rule. But, you have to search for the deeper meaning of the lyrics, specially at the song The Longest Day. The singer Stephen Fredrick is very skillful. He has got deep voice, fact that gives a different note to the whole song. Of course, many people thin of Apollo Papathanasio as the best singer of Firewind. Although Stephen Fredrick has improved his abilities and we have to admit that he is a great singer. The Compliance of the lyrics with the music is perfect. The music just follows the meaning of the lyrics.

The most impressive songs from the album are: 02.I am the Anger: awesome song. Nice vocals, amazing solo, nice music in general. 04.Burning Earth: no the greatest song of this album but you have to hear it. 05.The Fire and the Fury (instrumental): what an amazing music-that is all I say about this song. 09.The Longest Day: amazing! Great vocals-greater music. O.K.Lets face it: It is not the best album that Firewind have ever released. In spite of that, it is a very good CD So, I advice you to buy it and you will be satisfied! Burning Earth CD : 01.Steal Them Blind 02.I Am The Anger 03.Immortal Lives Young 04.Burning Earth 05.The Fire And The Fury 06.You Have Survived 07.Brother's Keeper 08.Waiting Still 09.The Longest Day 10.Still The Winds (Japan bonus track) Notes: This album was released on Massacre Records (Europe), Leviathan Records (USA), EMI (Japan) and Rock Brigade (S.America).

cotton3434
    How so? Most of the bands I listen to are like that - extremely technical when it comes to instruments, I mean - but it doesn't necessarily make them "very special." Just saying, not all that great of a review - doesn't give me much of an idea as to what the music sounds like, apart from power metal. And Christ, if there isn't enough generic power metal out there already... Still going to give this a shot regardless though - if they're anywhere near as good as say, Masterplan (though that's impossible in the vocal department), then I'm sold.
    K'mPiDuWi
    Man this guy wrote with the thickest accent ever. I don't understand shit
    rhcp13
    firewind is kind of a cheap rip off of dragonforce and stratovarious. but i do like firewind better than them.
    metallifreak77
    firewind is far better than studioforce. Gus G is a great metal idol to power metallers but this review sucks, come on, we need less bias and someone who knows how to write for christs sake.
    Temnyj Korol
    Trinitron
    Temnyj Korol wrote: Panasonic3 wrote: people should really spell/grammercheck their reviews before posting. I get the feeling english isn't this guys first language... Nor possibly even his second. :\
    I got the feeling for a second he just translated it over the internet.
    Andragon
    If you're gonna use words like "awesome, great, amazing, etc," then mention it once at most [in the Impression section]. Does UG have a How-to-Write-Reviews guide? If not, I vote that there should be.
    andeen10
    lol i have nvr heard of firewind... and this review doesnt tell me anything about them... ima check them out for myself Yes another review would be nice +2