Forged By Fire review by Firewind

• Released: Jul 12, 2005
Firewind: Forged By Fire

In case you've never heard of Firewind, it's a greek power metal formed by greek guitar hero, Gus G. And he recieves help from: Chitty Somalpa (singer), Bob Kastionis (keyboards), Stian Kristofferson (drummer)and Petros Christo (bass). If you like power metal or even speed metal, you should buy this disc. Gus G. is amazing at guitar, probably one of the best in the world, at least in metal. He currently played with Dream Evil, Mystic Prophecy and Nightrage. The solos are amazing and the intro's are pretty heavy. It mixes old power metal styles, with newer heavier metalcore styles.

I'm used to metalcore and speed metal, where they yell most of the time, but power metal is'nt new to me. I've heard Angra and Helloween. The only downpoint in this abum is the singing. The lyrics are mostly about hell and medieval times, which I think is kind of weird. Chitty has a good voice, but I just don't like it that much.

This band is kind of like Angra and Helloween. If you've never heard of Angra you definitly should. Love the guitar solos, but I don't really like the lyrics/singing. If it were stolen I would go out and buy this disc and their 2 previous discs.