American Capitalist review by Five Finger Death Punch

• Released: Oct 11, 2011
Five Finger Death Punch: American Capitalist

Heavy, I love it, the first song opens up with a dark and fast riff. And the last song ends with a dark and fast riff. 5fdp have really evolved in their tone, in the instruments and in Ivan's voice. He sings more than he screams/growls in this album. I think this is a awesome album. 01. "American Capitalist": The first song, an okay song, not the best in my opinion a great solo though. 02. "Under And Over It": Uoow go! This is one of the best on this album, almost perfect, except the solo, it's slow and it does not fit the song. 03. "The Pride": The main riff kinda sucks in this song, but it's enjoyable, a filler, I'm sorry to say it, but it is. 04. "Coming Down": Great song, the album's first ballad. "But I'm not the only one". Loves the work on the instruments and on Ivan's voice. 05. "Menace": Simply awesome, heavy, fast, great solo, great singing, Yeah! 06. "Generation Dead": I was surprised that Ivan didn't scream in this song, not disappointed, but amazed. It's good though. 07. "Back For More": Great song, despite that awful bridge that comes at about two minutes in the song, I hate it and I do not know why. 08. "Remember Everything": Love it. 09. "Wicked Ways": Not my song, but it's okay. It's a love song in a way, and I f**king hate love songs. 10. "If I Fall": That intro riff, gives me an erection. And the verse is good, but the chorus is really bad. It sounds like a mainstream pop chorus. Shame on you guys! 11. "100 Ways To Hate": Back on track, hell yes. Heavy song, with a lot of aggression and hate, I love it. Solid album, not the best, but it's good.

Very good lyrics. They went from: f*ck this, f*ck that, I f'cking hate you. To poetic lyrics (most of the time). They ditched most of the macho thing behind, it's great. 01. "American Capitalist": this song is about, some of the Americans who is just to blind to see there own flaws. 02. "Under And Over It": I believe that this song is about Ivan who is tired of the fame and sh-t. 03. "The Pride": Bad, BAD lyrics, a list of things the band think sold out. 04. "Coming Down": A brilliant song, sounds like someone "double crossed" or was just being an a-shole to Ivan and he thought of this song. 05. "Menace": aggressive "The Way Of The Fist" like. 06. "Generation Dead": This song is about Ivan, not wanting to live in this world, kinda understand him. 07. "Back For More": this song is, for me about sports, I don't know why but for me it's just a sport song. 08. "Remember Everything": Masterpiece! Lyrics are at the top point in this song. About Ivan begging for forgiveness within his family, kinda like "The Unforgiven" by Metallica. 09. "Wicked Ways": About being let down by a girl, or a guy. 10. "If I Fall": About dragging everybody down with him, if he ever falls. 11. "100 Ways To Hate": Read the damn name. Ivan is an awesome singer simple as that, he doesn't fail to impress me.

It's not as good as the two previous albums, but it's still kicka-s. The best songs (in my opinion) are: - Under And Over It - Coming Down - Menace - Generation Dead - Back For More - Remember Everything - 100 Ways To Hate I love the switch between Ivan's voice scream and non-scream. Zoltan's solo's and of course the other instruments. The things I hate is: It's a damn short album, not many surprises, you expected it all. If this album got stolen I would buy a new one, without doubt.

wolf333
    way of the fist and war is the answer were better but this is also a good album