Got Your Six review by Five Finger Death Punch

• Released: Sep 4, 2015
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Five Finger Death Punch: Got Your Six

Sound wise I have to give the band a little credit the instruments in most of the songs are pretty good. The lead singer I know is better than he sounds on most of the songs on this album so I think his performance is poor because of bad lyrics. The drummer as usual impresses me as he has on all their previous albums. Their song "Got Your Six" though is just terrible the way the lead singer sings the song it sounds like he's yelling it rather than singing it, very bad. I do have to say "Wash it all Away" is a pretty good song sound wise, the lead singer could be better but the instruments make up a little of his bad performance.

My overall impression of the lyrics is they are decent they don't jump out at you like some songs. Jekyll and Hyde is a little bit strange lyrically, for some reason it transitions in sections from first to second person and this hits you a little bit awkwardly. The song "Got Your Six" is terrible the way the lead singer sings the lyrics is just poor, very awkward more like yelling than singing. Overall the lyrics aren't bad the are just for the most part horribly presented, Ivan Moody did very poorly in this album compared to the previous albums. I found the songs on this album pretty much lyrically flat and boring.

This album is definitely another hard rock album from a hard rock band, Five Finger Death Punch in my opinion took a step back rather than a step forward with this album. Compared to their to previous albums The Wrong Side of Heaven Volume 2 and The Wrong Side of Heaven Volume 1 this one is not as good. This album did have some good songs like "Jekyll and Hyde" and "Wash It All Away" but these tracks are still not as memorable as the ones on their previous two albums. Overall this album is decent I won't go as far as to say it was a bad album, but they need to step up their game on future albums.