Through The Eyes review by Flaw

• Released: Oct 30, 2001
Flaw: Through The Eyes

First of all this is without a doubt one of my most favorite cds of all time. There sound is beautiful. They use 7 string guitars in standard which produces this perfect fusion of heaviness and soft melodic sound. The bass is also very commendable. These guys are usually thrown into the nu-metal/alternative metal sub-genre which to me is perfect. Another one of my favorite bands/cds is Staind: Break the Cycle and they are usually considered alternative metal. Once again the bassist is very good. In the songs Payback and Whole they start with a bass intro. I play bass so these two songs are on my list of songs to learn. For along time I didn't even listen to the entire cd, I just listened to the first 4 songs (Only the Strong, Payback, My Letter, and Get Up Again) but then I started to listen to the entire CD and I discovered Whole, What I have to do, and Best I am. These are my favorite songs.

The lyrics are very broad on this CD. They are very personal. Only the Strong is about life and all the stuff you gotta put up with. And the song Payback is kind of like "In your face, your goin down kind of song which is awesome. The songs Best I am, My Letter, and What I Have to do are depressing but once again great songs. Basically the lyrics on this CD cover all sides, angles, moods, etc.

It's one of my favorites of all freakin time! There is nothing to hate about this CD, I pretty much like everything. If it were lost I'd buy another copy definitely, and maybe another copy just to be safe. Even though this has nothing to do with the overall quality I felt like mentioning it. These guys are from Louisville, Ky and I'm from Owensboro which is only about 2 hrs away. So they be reppin the homestate dawg.

BwareDWare94
    It's unfortunate that they couldn't keep it together. This is the pinnacle of nu metal, in my eyes. This band was serious. They cared.
    styxfan226
    I agree, this is one of my absolute favorite bands, and albums of all time. I'm so happy they're back together again