We The People review by Flipsyde

• Released: Jul 12, 2005
Flipsyde: We The People

Mixing hip-hop, rock, and Latin influences, this is a band with its own unique sound. Flipsyde's first album 'We The People' first came under the spotlight after their hit single Someday. The album follows a very progressive mood and feel. A good effort by the band, with its political messages and unique sound, this was a different experience. Piper, the frontman, has done a good job on the album and so has Steve Knight. Yet, the best part throught the album remains the acoustic lead. Outstanding work by the Chilean Dave Lopez, who has played some great solos on the acoustic in this album. My personal favourite is his solo in Someday.

Well, good political messages in Someday etc. and apart from that some awesome lyrics in Happy Birthday too. Someday is basically a feel-good-anthem. It is very contemporary and so are the other songs in this album. MC Piper has done his level best I think, both with the lyrics as well as his rap. Steve Knight too has done well, backing up Piper and playing his acoustic. Overall, the lyrics are decent but not something to marvel too much about.

For a debut album I think this is a very good attempt. I found this album weak as far as sustaining the same feel and it lacks quality in the middle. Apart from Happy Birthday, Someday, Spun and maybe US History there is nothing else this album has to offer. I am not into hip-hop or rock/pop for that matter, I am more of a headbanger, but still this was a different and unique sound and Flipsyde's effort should be acknowledged. I think the reason one should go and buy this album is because it is different - a blend of hip-hop, and latin with a punch of rock. That is how I would describe We The People. If you are a person who is willing to experiment and try something new, go ahead and buy this album, if your not, then I advise you to back out! Nevertheless overall I think it is a good debut album, yet it could have been better.