Drunken Lullabies review by Flogging Molly

• Released: Mar 19, 2002
Flogging Molly: Drunken Lullabies

This album just sounds amazing. I never thought I'd hear such a unique sound...a blend of punk rock and Irish drinking songs. It's got a great happy vibe to it, and once you hear it you don't wanna turn it off.

The lyrics are top notch. The singer, Dave King, knows how to write lyrics for different types of songs...the slow ones have gripping emotional lyrics, and the faster ones have happy (and at times funny) ones. His Irish accent just adds to the vibe you get listening to the album.

This is without a doubt one of the best albums I have heard in the past year. The standout tracks are "Rebels of the Sacred Heart" and "Death Valley Queen" but you really cannot pick a favorite with this album because they are all good. That's one of the things I love about it, that the whole thing just flows, you dont have to skip a song here or there in the middle. I also love the unique sound it has to it, and the fact that just about anyone can find this album appealing. (It's almost like you can't dislike it!) If I lost or broke this I would buy it again without question and if it was possible I would give it an overall 6 out of 5 stars.