Drunken Lullabies Review

Genre: Rock
Tones: Quirky, Rousing, Playful, Fun, Energetic, Irreverent, Ambitious
Styles: Indie Rock, Punk Revival, Traditional Irish Folk
Drunken Lullabies Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 06, 2004

Sound: This album just sounds amazing. I never thought I'd hear such a unique sound...a blend of punk rock and Irish drinking songs. It's got a great happy vibe to it, and once you hear it you don't wanna turn it off. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are top notch. The singer, Dave King, knows how to write lyrics for different types of songs...the slow ones have gripping emotional lyrics, and the faster ones have happy (and at times funny) ones. His Irish accent just adds to the vibe you get listening to the album. // 10

Overall Impression: This is without a doubt one of the best albums I have heard in the past year. The standout tracks are "Rebels of the Sacred Heart" and "Death Valley Queen" but you really cannot pick a favorite with this album because they are all good. That's one of the things I love about it, that the whole thing just flows, you dont have to skip a song here or there in the middle. I also love the unique sound it has to it, and the fact that just about anyone can find this album appealing. (It's almost like you can't dislike it!) If I lost or broke this I would buy it again without question and if it was possible I would give it an overall 6 out of 5 stars. // 10

Drunken Lullabies Reviewed by: demonhunter7, on october 15, 2005

Sound: This album is great every song it's got this great fast beat the singer Dave King is just incredible he plays banjo and guitar and like 5 more. It's great sound leaves you mezmerized I've only had it 3 days and already learning most of the songs on the for guitar. Great is my opinion everything fits perfect with drums guitar fiddle tin whistle just awesome! // 10

Lyrics: My impression of the lyrics is just great awesome no doubt it has everything for the mood you're in they have deeper sad like what's left of the flag and if I ever leave this world alive or happy dancing to square dance or stomp you're feet whooo but's just awesome kings of the kilburn high but another great aspect is the singer is just awesome dave king can play so many instruments and still singing with it just awesome! // 10

Overall Impression: It doesn't even compare with other albums it doesn't matter what music you like a lot of people will like this but as I was saying that it leaves other artists in the dusts. I love everything about it and can tell the truth do not hate anything about it. If it were stolen I would definitely buy it again. Flogging molly keep it up ya'll are awesome. // 10

Comments