Whiskey On A Sunday review by Flogging Molly

• Released: Jul 25, 2006
Flogging Molly: Whiskey On A Sunday

The sound is the typical Flogging Molly sound. If you ahve never heard anything from Flogging Molly, you will discover that they are truely unique with their Irish-infused Rock. The DVD Documentary was filmed over a period of two years and in several nations across the globe. Dave King tells of how he grew up in a very poor urban area of Dublin, Ireland; but there was always music in the house, which ultimatly influenced him into becoming the great musician that he is. It's drinking music.

Quite a few of the songs on the CD have been on previous albums so the lyrics are fmailiar to all FM fans, but the songs from the previous albums are all either acoustic (Wanderlust, Laura, Drunken Lullabies) or done live.

To be honest, I can not bring myself to comparing this band or album with any other band out there, there is no comparison. Most impressive song the album has got to be Drunken Lullabies, I'm a huge fan of the original version, but Dave's vocals on the acoustic track seem have a little bit more emotion behind it. I would hunt down and brutally murder the poor soul who steals this from me, if destroyed, I would hate myself and then go buy another copy.

Vrstone87
    never attempt to compare them again....DKM is nothing like Flogging Molly.....violin&accordian vs. bagpipes.....irish vs. scotish.....
    Punk2Guitar
    Oh btw, check wikipedia Dropkick Murphys were formed in 1996 by Mike McColgan on vocals, Ken Casey on bass guitar, Rick Barton on guitars. Flogging Molly also exists for over 10 years dude You should have used The Real Mckenzies or somethign as example , by the way , there were enough bands before them doing it just not as good perhaps =)
    Punk2Guitar
    @Green Jelly I don't think you can compare Dropkick Murphy's with Flogging Molly , not everything with Irish (or scotish @ dropkick) influences sound the same... It's just different , different instruments , way different sound , and don't forget the vibe @ a live concert. Flogging Molly is slightly genteler The pits and so , it's more making fun Dropkick Murphy's is somewhat tougher hehe ... Anyways i've seen Dropkick's twice and i saw Flogging Molly for the fifth time last Monday =) (Was awesome , sold out too!)
    Green_Jelly
    Flogging Molly 's a rather good band, but Dropkick Murphys mixed up folk with rock way before they did.
    Mad_Gouki
    i love flogging molly but i was shocked to learn that they took a bunch of IRA songs and changed a few words to make their songs. still, they are a great band, i love the song whats left of the flag
    Vrstone87
    Segagee wrote: never heard FM acoustic but I'll bet they sound damn good.
    you guessed right.....roommate
    Loon 2.5
    This CD/DVD is pretty damn good. I just got it today myself, and the DVD is a good watch
    Millertron
    Eeeeyyyy, Flogging Molly are awesome! Saw 'em last night at the Mean Fiddler, London, and I plan to be getting this album very very soon, looking forward to hearing Drunken Lullabies acoustic! Dave has one of the best voices I've heard for a while, it has so much emotion behind it.
    Ginger Jesus
    I love Flogging Molly! I have been looking forward to this new album for ages. Flogging Molly has such a unique sound & such an amazing and indescribable energy in their live performances that you would have to be a fool not to feel enlightened and stunned by their music! Everyone I know respects them for what they are and what they believe in and stand for along with loving every ****ing lyric and note, which is thrown out by their cd players. One complaint; send more to the UK, I went round all of the record stores in my hometown of Cheltenham and all of them had sold out of Whisky on a Sunday! I NEED THAT ALBUM!!
    Vrstone87
    I actually forgot to login, but I wrote this review....my first one. I wrote it right after watching the DVD. Hope you all liked it.
    chinesechipmunk
    I got my entire family into Flogging Molly... They have actually massively incresed our quality of life lol because when everyone drives into work, Flogging Molly is on, which is a fantastic way to both wake up and cheer up, thus meaning everyone goes into work feeling awake and happy.