Within A Mile Of Home Review

Flogging Molly: Within A Mile Of Home
Released: Sep 14, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Punk-Pop, Alternative Pop/ Rock
This CD is more a flashback of Swagger. The songs are still addictive, and an overall excellent sound, still putting off a vibe of Irish pub mayhem.
 9.9
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Within A Mile Of Home Reviewed by: The Leader, on september 30, 2004

Sound: Within A Mile Of Home is exactly what anyone is expecting from Flogging Molly; Irish Punk enhanced by outside instruments. The album itself is not as good as Drunken Lullabies, however. This CD is more a flashback of Swagger. This is not a bad thing at all. The songs are still addictive, and an overall excellent sound, still putting off a vibe of Irish pub mayhem. If you like Flogging Molly, you will like this CD. // 10

Lyrics: King's voice is more refined in this album, as are the lyrics. If you listen closely, you can hear stories about the history of Ireland, as well as it's decline. Drinking songs are not in short supply, either. Though the instrumentation is not quite as catchy as Drunken Lullabies, I like the lyrics on this album infinitely more. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said before, this album is not as good as Drunken Lullabies, but it is far from a bad album. I particularly liked the opening track, as well as Seven Deadly Sins. Factory Girls has a very relaxing folk beat, with a guest singer Lucinda Williams. I like this album because the band as a whole is so unique compared to other groups. The only thing I hated about this album was the lack of solos that made Drunken Lullabies so much fun. If it was stolen, I would track the bastard down and break a bottle of guinness over their head. If it was lost, I would buy it again in an instant. This one is for the fans, however. If you are just getting into FM, start from the beginning, and work your way to this one. // 10

Comments