Doomsday for the Deceiver review by Flotsam and Jetsam

Flotsam and Jetsam: Doomsday for the Deceiver

Doomsday For The Deceiver, Flotsam And Jetsam's debut album released in 1986, is a thrash metal onslaught that any thrash fan would enjoy. When I listen to any of the songs off this album, I realize why I like thrash so much. Doomsday For The Deceiver has the chugging, fast, catchy, heavy riffs that make thrash what it is. The solos are intense and the bass and drums are locked up tightly together in rhythm. I have the remastered version of this CD, and it has beautiful quality to it. Flotsam and Jetsam's sound was influenced by Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Slayer, or any big metal act at the time.

The lyrics of Doomsday For The Deceiver were all written by Jason Newstead before he left Flotsam and Jetsam for Metallica. Eric A.K. belts out the lyrics in a unique way. He can hit the really high notes, as shown on the song "Iron Tears." However, some find his vocal style annoying, but I actually quite enjoy it. The lyrics go great with the music, adding to the feel of the song. The lyrics are about many things, from the end of the world, the devil, Lizzy Borden (an axe murderer who killed her parents and got away with the crime), and love.

To tell you the truth, I believe that this album surpasses many of the thrash albums by greater known metal bands. Everything is great about this CD, and I highly recommend it to any metalhead out there. I love the creative riffs, the lyrics, and everything. This album to me is the best thrash album I have. I will probably wear out the CD from listening to it so much, and then I will definitely buy another copy of the great Doomsday For The Deceiver.

Ramones06
    dame dude i agree! My fave song is hammerhead! Killer riffs! and METALSHOCK!!!!
    wildchild6660
    schelp
    Great album, but damn those solo's are hard to play P.S Jason rocks, epic bass sound
    hypno-beans
    Just heard Hammerhead on Youtube. EPIC!!! Loved the solos and Jason's monster playing. Yeah Metallica are dicks bass-wise... Only ever really letting Cliff shine. Jason rocks \m/
    (...)
    Ramones06 wrote: dame dude i agree! My fave song is hammerhead! Killer riffs! and METALSHOCK!!!!
    Damn right! This album is totally underrated. I will soon post up some bass tabs from it
    cochi4
    wildchild6660 wrote: I think Jason Newstead's bass playing on this album is a million times better than his work with metallica. They never really gave him a chance to shine. Their loss.
    thats totally true p.s: this album ****in rocks!!!!!