Flyleaf review by Flyleaf

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Flyleaf: Flyleaf

Flyleaf's sound is impressive. They are a hard rock band with a female vocalist, but they get away from that Amy Lee sound that has ruled the female rock scene. The music itself reminds me of Chevelle. It is drop tuned guitars, heavy riffs, chubbing chords, etc. It is intense music. The music blends extremely well with the singer's voice. This is the first release by Flyleaf. The band is made up of four guys, a drummer, a bass player, and two guitarists. Then of course, the female vocalist. Each song is a powerful and unique experience. You find yourself falling in love with the band after each new song. Another similarity to Chevelle is how the singer screams, but it is not something you'll hear in everysong. She has an amazing scream, but it is not overused.

Singer Lacey Mosley will absolutly blow you away! The CD kicks off with their single, "I'm So Sick." She sings a short passage and then rips into a scream that would leave most heavy singers crying. Her voice is phenominal in it's own right too, see can sing extremely well. Her voice is Amy Lee mixed with Avril Lavigne. She has a beautiful range, hiting all the highs and lows. Her lyrics, as Lacey says, "Has a postive message so people see it is possible to get through the worst situtations." This lyrics mix great with the music. Lacey is easily one of the greatest singers of our time.

Flyleaf is a new band. This is one of the greatest first albums out there. If you can't trust me, you should know that guitar-god Dave Navarro is featured on this CD. My favorite song is still the opening song/CD single "I'm So Sick." It showcases what Flyleaf is truly about, heavy music with ripping and beautiful vocals. This band really brings it in your face. The only real down side is, at 11 tracks, the CD is only some 33 minutes long. You will want the CD to keep going. But it is a great set of 11 songs, so enjoy what there is and be on the look out for the next album by Flyleaf!

flatline_guitar
    Did you know Flyleaf is a Christian band? They're freakin awesome too. Never heard a woman scream that good. they remind me of Chevelle too. Thank god they're not another Evanescence, that would make me sick.
    Vomitorator
    HELL YES!!! I love this band!!!! Cassie (album version NOT illegal dowlload version with vocal reverb and no harmonys) is still my favorite. I sure hope as many people look into this band as they did for evenessence and and other hard rock / melodic artists. They are by far the best 10 10 10 10