Flyleaf review by Flyleaf

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Flyleaf: Flyleaf

First impression that I had on this CD is that it was fifty/fifty. It has some good songs, some okay songs, and some crappy songs. The band had no real story to the band creation. They use almost all rock with some soft spots. The only way that Flyleaf is possibly innovative is because of their version of rock music. It's hard and soft at the same time (this excludes I'm So Sick, Fully Alive, and Cassie). Another last thing is that they sometimes change the songs on the CD and songs on the video. For example, Fully on the CD has a solo without any guitar in the background, and eventually, both guitars are playing the same solo with a little bit of 'freestyle'.

Lacey Mobley, Flyleaf's lead vocalist, really can sing well. But I'm not sure if it was just that time, but at Flyleaf's MySpace they had videos of live band recordings, and she sucked! But, it might have just been a cold or something. Anyway, the lyrics aren't the greatest ever. They're mostly about strong or broken relationships, which I don't like. At all. The heavy sounds of the guitars combined with the semi-mushy lyrics of emotional teenage girl makes a song that some people will love and others will hate. I, for one, am neutral.

This album's structure, or anything about it, does not compare to any other album that I have or that any of my friends have. I still like it. I don't have to wait deep into the album to hear the biggest hits or get my lazy finger to move up to hit the "foward" button. To be completely honest, this album only has two actual good songs, which are "Fully Alive" and "I'm So Sick", which I have listed so many times in this whole review. I suppose my favourite this about the entire self-named album, "Flyleaf", is the album artwork. It looks so run down or city-like or something. I don't know what the word is, but I like the artwork. I hate, though, some of the songs. Mostly "Perfect", "Cassie", and "There For You". If this album was stolen or lost, I would get a different album because this one is good, but just not worth it.

Metallifan1626
    I agree with buzzingforyou17, my favorite band is metallica and pantera...and i like this album...and what is masterometal666 reviewing this album if he says it sucks? DUHH!!
    deathbyawesome
    I generally dont like christian metal or metal with female vocalists, just not my cup of tea, but this album is amazing, my friend showed im so sick and fully alive to me after he saw them live on family values. I really enjoyed those two songs, got the album, and the rest of the album was just as good as teh first two songs.
    masterometal666
    fubu4545 wrote: 'They generally play in C# throughout the album' - masterometal666 rehear the album! THEY ALWAYS PLAYS IN DROP D!!!
    I said C#. That's drop Db, numbnuts (or numb ovaries, i guess.)