Flyleaf review by Flyleaf

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Flyleaf: Flyleaf

Firstly off, I heard this band first off on XM radio up at a cabin in the middle of Lake of the Woods. But that's another story (a really different story.) I instantly thought it was amazing. So, naturally, I had to investigate. So I went to Napster. Searched up Flyleaf, and look! There's their album! So, first song, I'm So Sick. Wow, that's a different sound! I listen to more tracks. This is different! I like! Flyleaf kills metal, brings them back to life, and brainwashes them into a completely different sound. Some songs such as Sorrow, are just breathtaking. Now, while I wouldn't call the guitar difficult by any means, it's just enough to give it the punch Flyleaf needs. The drums are much like the guitar. They just give it enough to give it a full sound, which is good. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a thin sounding band. Now, that's a good sound right there! And with that, we all move on to the oh-so-special category... Lyrics! Expect a lot of praise coming up.

Z. O. M. G. Lacey's vocals are incredible. Though I know a lot of people would be annoyed to no end by them, they're so unique and different. And I love it! I love it all! I wasn't paying too much attention to the actual lyrics of the song. That doesn't matter! She could be saying gibberish and I'd still fall in love with it. What's more? She's got a scream that could make Lamb of God cringe! I was listening to I'm So Sick for the first time, thinking... What a pretty voice! "Raaaagh!" Seriously, I was not expecting something so crazy. But, obviously, I should have been prepared. While she only screams a few times, it's loud, mean, and crazy. And I love it.

This album will stick to me for long enough. It blows Evanescence away, that's for sure. If this thing were lost, I would track down the guy who stole it, give him a smelly nelson, make him re-paint my house, give the CD back, buy two other CD's along with it, and do it all while wearing a camo bra. Yes, I love this CD that much. So much, I might even buy it if I find it! I say again, I'm So Sick is one of the best songs, but All Around Me is amazing too. Yes, this is worth buying. All your base are belong to Flyleaf.

IKnowItHurts
    lacey makes me wish i was a christian male, so then we could get married and be happily ever after
    tbarrettl
    They are so Good live, that is their prime time though the CD is real good also.