Flyleaf review by Flyleaf

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Flyleaf: Flyleaf

Flyleaf on this record has broken all the rules of Hard rock and told all those who hate them to f*** off, that's the feeling I get when I listen to this album. They have such a unique sound, with they're down tuned guitars and heavy riffs but most hard rocks are so complex and structure is way off from your normal structure but Flyleaf have just stuck with "Simple" that is the best word to describe this album. I mean the guitar solo's aren't minutes long and played in 32 notes and all that, it's simple and it works. The whole mix of the recordings don't sound all polished up and pitch perfect which I love, reminds me of John Lennon he was exactly the same, cause nobody play's a song all the way and doesn't make a mistake. And to have Female singer who screams and does a damn good job of it too well need I say anymore, Flyleaf's sound is so unique you never get tired of it.

The lyrics on this album aren't great they seem very hateful and very negative which don't get me wrong I'm fine with negativity but it seems that's all they can talk about and convey I mean there is good planet, for example the last song "So I Thought" beautifully written I couldn't ask for more but the it's about breaking up I really wanted to hear something more happy from them. However I do really like what was written through the album, the way it was written, the way it was sung, beautiful. Good lyrics and awesome vocals but very one sided.

I think this album is an album that will stay with me til I'm old and grey, it's inspirational and very different, I couldn't ask for anymore. I can't wait to hear their next album.