Critically Ashamed review by FM Static

• Released: Aug 1, 2006
FM Static: Critically Ashamed

FM Static has a sound similar to that of Fall Out Boy, but instead of crapping up the air waves, their songs are catchy, and have actual beat. Also, these guys have catchy solos similar to those on the to most recent Rise Against CDs. They don't sound like Rise Against, just the Solos do. I would compare their sound and style is similar Relient K with better solos.

The lyrics by this guy; I think his name is Trevor, has some funny lyrics. Like Relient K, they're a satirical chistian band that has done succesful in the mainstream. These words are laugh out loud funny. Take "America's next Freak" for example "This songs for the emo kids with the punk-rock, rockabilly screamo lids/And the crunk-rock, hip-hop and metal queens/Who still don't know what the heck that means/Lets cheer for the real MCs/All the east west 30 sound straight OGs/With the hippy rock hardcore alt countries/with the techno industrial magazine." See? Very, very funny. As well as that, none of the lyrics sing of despair and hate.

FM static is a good change from normal hateful pop-punk bands. If you want a light-hearted, funny Cd, get Critically Ashamed. The best songs are probably "Flop Culture", "America's next Freak", "The Video Store" "Tonight" and "Girl Of The Year". I like their sound a lot and how they can just have fun with music and don't have to be famous. If I lost this, I would buty it again. FM Static, which was originally a side project by the singer and drummer of Thosand Foot Crutch, is a good christian alternative and I recomend you check it out.

imdwalrus
    xthpsgodx wrote: In 2 or 3 years when people don't remember nookie (some high school kids pry already don't) .
    I'm pretty sure you're talking about [id[/i]ookie.
    shugo449
    imdwalrus wrote: my bad. dookie.
    the lyrics actually are NOOKIE, if your talking about "the video store"
    music menia
    well i don't think that fm static are by anyway a classic, i just can't have enought of their voices or lyrics, ifeel that every song they sing they put their heart and soul in it, i swear to god the first time i heard tonight i cried and i'm not even the crying type but it's just amazing how they sing with so much passion.