Antidotes review by Foals

• Released: Mar 24, 2008
Foals: Antidotes

The sound, is amazing it's almost like a spacey prog band toned down. The music is just simply genius it is 100% guaranteed something that you haven't heard before. The band brings great elements of spacey rock, prog, and mathcore all together to form a brilliant mixture of light and dark with different moods for every song.

The lyrics are VERY limited and VERY abstract but something about them makes them extremely I guess you could say artsy. The lyrics definitely go amazing with the music, I honestly don't think that Yannis (singer, guitarist) could have done a better job, everything just goes together like a puzzle. Although the lyrics do get a little repetitive which I don't mind but I'm sure other would so I'll give them a 9.

In aspects I guess it isn't exactly the first thing of its kind because their are a few bands similar but they are definitely set apart. I think that the most impressive songs would have to be, Cassius, The French Open, Heavy Water, Balloons, Tron and Mathletics(bonus edition only)I LOVE how its just so unique and the time signature use, especially the spacey feeling of the album and how its more a peice of art in music form then some of the factory constructed mainstream music you hear today. If it was stolen I would 100 percent buy another copy it's so great I listen to it all the time!

Vinushka
    "Andtidotes"? Pfffhahahaha. Typo aside, I do like this album, oddly enough.