This Too Shall Pass review by Fold

• Released: Feb 21, 2006
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Fold: This Too Shall Pass

Wow, what a great album. The great pop-punk hooks, rocking riffs and awesome lyrics made this group stand out. They come from the as of lately succesful Chicago based rock scene. Tooth and Nail did a great job picking this guys up. I love all of the catchy, earwormy, fun to listen too songs. Matt T from Relient K even makes a guest appearance on one of the tracks! If you like Relient K, you should definently like these guys, that was one of the reasons they drew me in.

The lyrics on this disc are really good. They're uplifting, catchy, and clever all at the same time. Also, the singer can really connect and make you feel the lyrics really well with the music as well as sounding good. Some of the lyrics just sound good to me alot, too. It's so hard to explain, but these guys write really well (and I hope they've gotten even better for their sophomore release, Secrets Keep You Sick).

I just love this CD. I used to be a huge fan of pop-punk music, and then I drifted for a while. Now however, after listening to this CD, I'm back into it alot, even a bit more one might say. If you pick this CD, don't expect shred and craziness, but a good solid release.