Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

So I have preordered this album (it has yet to come out). But with the preorder I got a single off the album "The Pretender." I have listened to Foo Fighters for about ten years, or since I was three. But as the band progressed they became softer with a lot less "Grunge" style in their music. This dissapointed me. So after the single was downloaded I listened to it it say, 15 maybe 20 times, and I'm so glad to hear that they are going back to their roots. After "In your Honor" I thought for sure my favorite band of all time was going soft on me.

The lyrics are, unsurprisingly, amazing as always. Dave Grohl never ceases to come up with some of the most meaningful and original lyrics. The overall mood of the song fits perfectly with the meaning and tone of the lyrics. Dave's voice is spectacular. He's always been my favorite singer in the rock/grunge genre. I do not think there is one thing he could do to improve his voice, it's flawless.

If I had to compare this single to any other single from another album I would have to say "The Pretender" rises above the rest. When it comes to what I love and what I hate it's simple, it is pure love, there is absolutly nothing I hate or even dislike about this song.If this new album lives up to the originality the single, were in for possibly the best Foo Fighter Album to date. At the time I'm writing this there is no date for release yet, but man am I, and every other Foo fan dreaming about the moment this albums Amazingness touches our ears.