Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

First, do the Foos really need an introduction? In case anyone doesnt't know, when Nirvana ended so to speak, Dave Grohl (drummer) got muscially bored and did what no one expected him to do: make a new band. The rest is history. Anyways, this is the guys 6th album, and it has a much more mature, mellow sound than other Foos record. When In Your Honour was made, Dave wanted acoustic, but most of it was dribble that no one really listened to. However, THe Foos have on this record combined to perfection the dynamics of acoustic and balls out rock. I believe Gil Norton produced this record (the guy who did Colour And Shape with them). Sounds really well mixed and like I said before, much more mature.

Dave is known for making some fantastic lyrics, especially on anthemic songs like Everlong, Best Of You and Monkey Wrench. On this record, Dave sings these lyrics as convincingly as he did on TCATS. Everyone knows he is one of the most accomplished and well known frontmen in rock, and god does he desrve it.

The Foos are their own band so you can't really compare them to anyone else really. Amazing Band. Amazing talent. There are some stand out songs on this album for me, including 'Erase/Replace', 'Let It Die', 'Cheer Up Boys', 'Come Alive' and of course the amazing lead single, 'The Pretender'. I love the way this album combines the atmospheric acoustic side of the Foos, but still has their classic all out rock sound. Fantastic record. Buy it.

iStrato
    TBezza wrote: TheThesTony wrote: Dave Grohl = the devil (tenacious d reference)
    I laughed when i saw that movie. :reinactment: *pfffft* "HOLY S***!!! THAT'S F***** DAVE GROHL!!!" *laugh histarically* this album rox... long live the foo fighters!!!
    bassist792
    Cant beat the Foo Fighters, Great to see and hear them going on as strong as ever. Legends
    cooljew
    the albums to slow, I'm kind of disappointed, but i ****ing love stranger things have happened. the acoustic solo is ****ing awesome. btw, let it die isn't that great.
    Bonorly
    The Foo rule. This is one of their best albums to date, and belive it or not I think they went for music rather than record sales. So if you don't like it, go f**k off to some emo band