Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

With the release of the single 'The Pretender' coming out before the actual album, Foo Fighters were suggesting returning back to their much rockier roots of 'Nothing Left to Lose'. The album however contains some more 'mellow tracks' which sound a bit out of place with likes of 'Erase/Replace' and 'The Pretender'. Even if this is the case the sound on this album is phenominal. Dave Grohl is at his peak on vocals and so are the rest of band.

As ever, Dave Grohl has created a lyrical masterpiece. He can simply write anything and make it sound good. The lyrics have a much deeper feel than on albums like 'In Your Honour' or 'One By One'. His lyrics are as tight as ever and so is his voice. How ever, I think the faact Taylor Hawkin's(Drummers) singing as well as drumming may have affected the quality of his drumming on this album.

My overall impression of this is album is that it is a musical masterpiece. So what if we didn't get the new rockier sounding Foo's that we were all hyped up about before. What we got was still an insanely awesome piece of musical engineering. Foo Fighters are back on top.

Flea's#1fan
    Its a typical Foo Fighters record... Pretender- fantastic. Rest of the songs mediocre. Good but never great.
    addicted_sponge
    Got this album too! Dave Grohl is quite the rocker indeed. I really like the song Cheer Up. REAL catchy =P
    Social D Rox
    pretty good stuff. i like their old stuff though. they have one amazing single on the record and the rest of the songs are quite average. that is one reason why they dont stand out in my mind.
    freshtunes
    stranger things have happened, summers end, cheer up boys, and home are all incredible.
    mister bass guy
    Bonorly wrote: The Foo rule. This is one of their best albums to date, and belive it or not I think they went for music rather than record sales. So if you don't like it, go f**k off to some emo band
    hey, what has emo got to do with thinking they went for music more than money? i mean i agree with you, but u shouldn't bash other genres for no ****ing reason!
    mister bass guy
    ^and yes, i kno dave grohl doesn't like emo bands, but he doesn't totally blow them off like u do bonorly. plus, some people actually like emo music, so i think you should respect that and shut the **** up.