Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

The new record from the Foo Fighters will not disapoint anyone. Fans of their music will continue to praise them, as the band sounds better than ever. It is amazing how a year or so of acoustics has toned Dave Grohl's voice so nicely. He sounds better than he ever has on both the screaming hard rock ballads and the low, quiet songs. The guitar work is much better than what you would expect from the Foo Fighters as both Grohl and Shifflet play some cool inspiring riffs and melodies. Not to leave out the drum and bass, I would say that Taylor and Nate both also sound very good on the new record, the bass and drums add some nice sound to the songs.

The lyrics astounded me on the record. By far they are the most powerful and inspiring lyrics I have heard in a long time. Following the birth of Grohl's baby it is almost obvious how ready he was to put another record together. You will find everything from soft quiet lyrics to grungy, loud screaming vocals. The lyrics in songs like "The Pretender" and "Let it Die" really show off Dave's songwriting prowess. On the other hand, sometimes the lyrics can become somewhat repetitive at some points which can ruin the fell at certain points, but that is not that big of an issue on this album. They really impressed me in this field.

This album is amazing, I have listened to it over and over and it continues to amaze me. The Foo Fighters poured their hearts and souls into this album and it payed off. The combination of their lyrics and music on this record are astounding. Great Job by the Foo Fighters, and if you don't have this yet, buy it soon.

MoshMaster101
    Its a good album but not as good as I was expecting. I preferred the last one to be honest, well the first disc at least.
    Original_Fire
    Fatally Jon wrote: I was very disappointed with this album. Every time these guys come out with a new cd, they trick me into buying it by putting the most rockin' song off of it out a month in advance. I love "The Pretender", but no other song on the album matches its intensity. It's actually a pretty slow rock album, and I found it to be very disappointing after all the hype you people have put up around it. Sorry.
    G O F U C K Y O U R S E L F
    Fatally Jon
    freshtunes
    Stranger things have happened is the best song on the album. Hands down. If you don't agree lets fight. Right now....
    cooljew
    simonzwaan wrote: mister bass guy wrote: ^and yes, i kno dave grohl doesn't like emo bands, but he doesn't totally blow them off like u do bonorly. plus, some people actually like emo music, so i think you should respect that and shut the **** up. emo sucks balls. and it most certainly is a musical genre. What is wrong with you ? emo is a clothing/appearance style not a genre every music has emotion
    Suspended Chaos
    TBezza wrote: seventyXseven wrote: the album is so ridiculously slow its painful ??? Starts off slow, goes fast, slow, fast. Never painful tho.
    Dunno wtf you're listening to. The Pretender kicks off the album, which is a fast song.
    E_squared
    I am impatiently waiting to be able to hear this CD... Should be good, because everything else the Foos have done is amazing!
    simonzwaan
    ihaterap69
    how bout "cheer up boys (you're makeup is running)"? anyways i LOVE this album. saw these guys last week and they put on the best show i have ever seen
    stumaster18
    Great CD. i love Stranger Things Have Happened, and Come Alive. def the best 2 songs.
    Bonorly
    bit touchy arent you?
    rock_foreverr
    Here are the tracks I listen to everyday. Let It Die, Erase Replace, Come Alive, Summer's End, Statues, and I end the day with Home. Listen to those and your set for the day.
    Tapping_Ninja
    hadookin wrote: Nexu wrote: I like this album but i hope they ont release Long Road To Ruin like im hearing they're meant to be. yeh it's shame, its a weak track, its defo gonna be released...
    WHAT!!!! HOW'S IT A WEAK TRACK??? The song is amazing... I think this is the best album since NLTL, and shows queit a diversity in each song (well most songs). From slow to fast songs like "The Pretender" to the slow a mellow songs like "Stranger things have happend" (I get a jazz feel from that song everytime I listen to it.) to the just straight up fast songs like "Cheer up boy your makeups running"... All and All this is a amazing album worthy to go up their with great albums such as Foo Fighters, The color and the shape, and Nothing left to lose...
    Jester.Race
    I havn't gotten a chance to listen to this album yet, but from what I hear, its one of their best releases. I would love to see them live.