Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

This has got to be the Foo Fighters best album yet. There really is no way to describe the different sounds of the album other than to compare it to a movie soundtrack. This album has so many different types of music incorporated into it that you can actually this to just this one Foo's album and recognize their progression from the first to their last album.

The first single has some of the most inspirational lyrics around today, with dave grohl belting out the chorus lines 'What if I say I'm not like the others, what if I say I'm not just another one?' showing how the Foo Fighters have strived to stay away from mainstream society today. Let It Die starts off with a nice, soft, easy tone and melodramatic lyrics until halfway through the song when you suddenly have this in your face bridge sarcastically saying, 'Do you ever think of me? Your so considerate' Then there's Cheer Up Boys (Your Makeup is Running) with it's chorus screaming (There's a world out there, Don't you deny me) which talk about the feeling of being denyed all your hopes and dreams you have and how no one will give you a chance. Dave Grohl certainly took his time writing these lyrics and it definately shows.

This is the best FF album to date. While it's true that some diehard Foo Fighter fans who want an album similiar to The Colour and The Shape will be turned off by this album because it is a much more unique sound than their previous albums, for anyone who wants to start listening to one of the last true rock bands around or any Foo Fighters fan with an open mind, this is the album for you. From the catchiest riffs imaginable, the stories behind some of the songs(Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners), and the most meaningful lyrics around, this is the best album of the year. If you enjoyed either disc of In Your Honor then this album is for you.

fieryfenderz
    i dont see why people have a problem with long road to ruin i really like that song and think it's a strong track