Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

Dave Grohl has done it again! From Nirvana to the Foo Fighters, this immortal man is finishing the work of my hero, Kurt Cobain. This is probably the most successful FF album. I only like 3 songs from it, but it is probably their best work. The song that helped it's success is "The Pretender." It topped the modern rock chart and made a record of 18 weeks at the top. It's fun to listen to and play. Awesome music by the Foos. I think Dave should dedicate this band to Kurt Cobain.

Dave's vocals are amazing! He still has a bit of screaming left in him from "Best of You." I am talking of course about "The Pretender." But I also like "Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners", dedicated to the Beaconsfield mine collapse, and "Long Road to Ruin." Chris's guitar is awesome, and Taylor's drumming can't match Dave's, but it's still pretty good.

I call the Foo Fighters grunge. They're probably behind only Nirvana and Pearl Jam for best Grunge Band Ever. This album won Best Rock Album at the Grammys, and "The Pretender" won Best Hard Rock Performance. I was so mad when it lost to Amy Winehouse's "Rehab." She doesn't deserve to win anything. Drunken sonofabitch. Best songs are The Pretender, Ballad of Beaconsfield Miners, and Long Road to Ruin. This album rocks!