Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace is a great addition to the Foo Fighters collection. It combines the hard-rocking fast beats in some of the tracks like "Cheer up Boys (Your Make-up is Running)" with the slower and more music oriented tracks like "STranger Things Have Happened" and makes them into what we have come to know as traditional Foo Fighters. I especially enjoyed the range of tracks from Hard Rock to a lighter rock all the way to a bluegrass guitar tune with no words called "Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners". Dave Groehl and the band are known as the masters of taking a slower beginning and turning it into a hard rock song, but their pieces of just the hard stuff or just the hard stuff do well alone too.

I think in some of the songs, like the harder rocking ones, the lyricism may not be considered the best. In the songs however, like "Home" or "Stranger Things Have Happened", if you realy listen to the lyrics you can feel that they actually have some meaning behind them. To me, evn though all of the slow-moving length of "Home" can be hard to sit through, the lyricism is very evident and that's what makes the song just barely worthyof such a great band.

Overall, this is one of my favorite recent CD purchases and if my friend Migui never gives it back, I think I'll have to kill him. I loe this CD because of its variety of tracks and if you heard two of the songs, you wouldn't even guess they were by the same band, let alon on the same cd. So if you don't mind I'm just gonna go stare at the sun and wait for "Summer's End".

Antwan_the_Swan
    │BassBOY│ wrote: I love allot of foo fighter's song's and I love it even more for some of them are easy to learn on bass.
    As much as i love the Foo's, their songs are ALL painfully easy to play on bass. Awesome album like!
    zackyc
    I didn't like this album or In Your Honour tbh. I was a Foo's fan from the beggining and I loved how the changed their style on each album, sorta goin grunge-roc-pop-rock-metal-soft rock-erm soft rock again. This album was to soft, theres about 2 songs I like on it. they need to get back to the old days such as "There's Nothing Left To Lose" which is my fave album of all time. They need to get back to proper rock n use hooks in there songs again. They need 2 change again. It's best when the do a different thing and constantly change
    freedomdeceptiv
    Dude, why is it good to have easy bass lines? i would rather push the limits of my playing not find sumthing i can learn in 5 min... foo fighters ****in kick ass tho, this is my second favorite album by them next to the Color and the Shape!!!
    benthegrunge
    its is a good album for what it is, my problem with it was that it showed no dynamic change or experimentation, its the same old foos really and it gets abit boring. and the pretender is similar to "all my life" its the same story every album post-colour and the shape