Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Sep 24, 2007
Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

This album sounds amazing and is my favorite album of the Foo's. The sound ranges from the incredibly heavy "The Pretender" to the amazingly gentle "Home". This is one of those albums that you can listen to the whole way through and thoroughly enjoy every last minute of it. And the progression from 'the calm' into 'the heavy' in epic songs such as "Let It Die" and "Come Alive". Be prepared to be humming "Cheer Up, Boys(Your Make Up Is Running)" for the rest of your life.

The lyrics fit perfectly with each song: lyrics that really touch the heart and hit home for calm songs and beast lyrics for those heavy songs that remind you why these guys top the charts. You hear "Ballad Of The Beaconsfield Minors" and think 'why?'. Look up why they wrote the song and you'll be with it and love 100%. Grohl does a phenomenal job of writing meaningful lyrics. Especially the line in "Home" where Grohl says 'some of them living, some of them dead': Is it possibly an alliteration to Kurt Cobain's death and a notification of remembrance? Things to make listeners think. Fantastic.

This is one of my, and plenty of other's, favorite albums. And if you don't believe me, just take a gander at all the awards it has won. Grammys as far as the eye can see. Every song on this album is amazing. I can't narrow it down to a few good songs. Theres nothing to hate and everything to love. Buy this album. Now.