Foo Fighters review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 26, 1995
Foo Fighters: Foo Fighters

'Foo Fighters' has quite a distorted fuzzy sound all the way through, but it doesn't at any point become annoying. The album ranges from pop songs, such as 'This is a Call' and 'Big Me' to heavier, driving tracks such as 'Wattershed' and 'Weenie Beenie'. I think the sound is quite raw and very appropriate considering the time Dave Grohl was at when he made the record.

The album opens with the very uplifting 'This is a Call', it's poppy, it's happy and the lyrics reflect that. All the lyrics seem appropriate to their respective songs, but in all honesty most of the time I have no idea what Dave's saying; I don't mind though. The vocals fit with the songs and and Dave has a great range of voal abilities. The vocals that probably stand out the most are the highly distorted tones of 'Weenie Beenie' and the cool 'For all the Cows' which are well worth listening to.

I think this is a very good Foo Fighters record, the best songs, in my opinion, are probably 'This is a Call', 'Wattershed' and 'For all the Cows'. Although i think 'Foo Fighters' is a great album I'm not always in the mood to listen to it which I think stops me from giving it 5 out of 5. I'm not sure who this album would be suited too but I think Foo fans, especially those who like 'The Colour and the Shape' will like this record, I don't think its suited to everyone's tastes though.