Foo Fighters review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 26, 1995
Foo Fighters: Foo Fighters

The Foo Fighters first album is the most spontaneous sounding CD they have. Dave Grohl did all the instruments and vocals except for a guitar part on X-Static. This is the album the sounds most like the "grunge" movement than any other album by the Foo Fighters.(Please note that the foos weren't really in the movement it was just a comparison.) It has a rough sound and unprocessed aesthetic that gives it charachter. It is my favorite Foo Fighters album and if you are a fan of Nirvana, this will be a must have album to your collection.

Dave Grohl's Lyrics are pretty unique especially on the song "This Is A Call." In most of his songs, he has straightforward lyrics mixed with some incomprehensible rebuttles. It forces the listener to make thier own interpretation of what the song means. The Dynamic works and it makes the songs stronger. The lyrics are very creative and very original.

Like I said above, this album is my favorite Foo Fighters album. Yes, it may have some flaws or unpopularity, but the rawness is what makes it sound good. This Is A Call, I'll Stick Around, Big Me, For All The Cows, and Alone+Easy Target are the songs that stick out. If I lost or had this album stolen, I would definately buy it back. That's a no-brainer.

Mahk35
    My 3 favorite tracks on the album will have to be 1. Good Grief (the chorus riff kills me everytime) 2. Weenie Beenie (cause when I first heard it, it caught me by surprise by how metal'ish the main riff was) 3. For All The Cows (love the guitar work and the slow/fast is the best thing about it)