Greatest Hits review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Nov 3, 2009
Foo Fighters: Greatest Hits

This album is incredible. Most of the Foo Fighters greatest songs are here, with the exception of I'll Stick Around, Let it Die, and DOA. However, it all fits together nicely and sounds great. 01. All My Life: pretty good album opener. This song will eventually grow on you. 02. Best Of You: for those of you who haven't heard this song, it was everywhere a couple years back. Every time you turned on the radio, there it was. However this is a really great song with a catchy chorus. 03. Everlong: a Foo fighters classic. Starts off quietly then gets pretty loud. This song is extremely catchy. Listen to this song! In my opinion one of the best Foo Fighters songs ever. 04. The Pretender: another song you couldn't escape from every time you turned on the radio, this song is pretty good. In my opinion not as good as classics such as Everlong and My Hero, but it will still get stuck in your head. 05. My Hero: GREAT song. the verse and chorus and pretty much everything about this song is catchy and WILL get stuck in your head. It starts off with a really cool riff and just gets better from there. 06. Learn to Fly: one of the Foo Fighters more soft songs, this is a song that will cheer you up if your in a bad mood. If your in a good mood it will make it even better. 07. Times Like These: real good song and great opening riff. Really fun to play along to on guitar, and great to just listen too as well. 08. Monkey Wrench: another Foo Fighters classic. One of the Foo Fighters more heavy songs, it starts of will a cool descending riff and then heads into a a great sounding verse. The chorus is great, and is yet another Foo Fighters song that will be stuck in your head for weeks.In my opinion, the bridge is the best part, and a great part of the song is when the bridge just ends and heads back into the chorus. 09. Big Me: a quieter foo fighters song, it just features Dave Grohl and an acoustic guitar. Sounds good, and really fun to play along to if you have an acoustic guitar. 10. Breakout: for those of you who thought you heard this song but you didn't know where, it was in the movie 'Me, Myself & Irene' at the restaurant scene. Pretty good song, has some solid hooks. 11. Long Road to Ruin: kind of a slower electric song, it speeds up to the chorus and then an amazing solo (not a fast solo, but sounds really good). 12. This Is A Call: very weird intro to the song. However it gets better and into a Nirvana-ish riff for the verse. Overall, a pretty good song. 13. Skin And Bones: great acoustic track, and sounds very cool, especially at the weird sounding bridge. Yet another Foo Fighters song that is fun to play on the acoustic. 14. Wheels: previously unreleased, this song proves that the Foo Fighters still can make great, memorable songs. 15. Word Forward: another previously unreleased song, not as good as wheels in my opinion, but still sounds original, and overall, it will grow on you and the guitar riff in the pre-chorus will get stuck in your head. 16. Everlong (Acoustic): a great closing song, it's a much softer version of the song, and has a much different atmosphere. In my opinion a great song to end on.

The lyrics are good. On some songs they are weird, but others they are deep. Some are in a joking manner, but on most songs they are about issues in Dave Grohl's life. In my opinion, they are pretty good and they match the music. Dave Grohl sings in his signature way on basically all songs, and sounds good throughout the record.

My impression is that this is a great album. It displays most of the Foo Fighters most impressive songs and any Foo Fighters fan, either you be a hardcore fan or a casual fan, will love this CD. In my opinion, the best songs on the CD are Everlong, My Hero, and Monkey Wrench, but all songs on this CD sound good and fit together. The only thing wrong with this CD is that it is missing a few well known Foo Fighters songs. If it was stolen or lost, I would buy it again FOR SURE. It's only about 15 bucks, and I think that price is well worth it.

trouty711
    sounds like the author was a fan of the color and the shape, still my most listened to album ever
    CptRevell
    DOA was one of my favored Foo Fighter singles too. I have their albums - so this would be an unnecessary purchase. The rest of the list seems very solid.
    ZA58
    I like the foo fighter and I think there were the best hit big in 2000
    bbear
    i'm on my second album coz some bastard did steal my copy, so i bought another isntead of burning it of a mate. Now it hasn't left the cd player in my car coz i'm always listening to it while driving
    andrewjp123
    anthonybruno wrote: again. censorship.
    wtf i know, we weren't even arguing anymore.
    dan1bad
    does this guy measure how good a song is by catchyness and whether it gets stuck in your head or not??
    K3VS
    I've enjoyed ever song on this album. and has been inspirational to me. Dave Grohl has to be one of the most important musicians ever. 10/10
    red157
    The best album featuring Grohl released in 2009 certainly wasn't this one. I'm one of those annoying tits who dislikes the majority of the Foo's work after their first two.
    Fausch
    TheAbsentOne wrote: I really feel that "Wheels" doesn't belong on here. I didn't like this song the first time I heard it, but I figured it'd grow on me like a lot of other songs.. But this is the only one that hasn't.
    I don't really like Wheels either. Let's put it this way, I didn't think it was Foo Fighters until I looked it up. I'm also not a huge Everlong fan, but that's just me.
    cube30
    dude, they shoudlve put let it die in, how in good gods name can they not have put that song in the album? but i think what dave said is quite true, that these greatest hits albums can be a tombstone for some bands. its like saying as if the band isnt gonna make any more good songs.
    Counteja
    best greatest hits album ever realeased! for the 1st time ever i think its a greatest hits album with their actual greatest hits! not some band with a few good songs and the rest to try get you used to their other songs haha
    if you got the dvd for 5 dollars more it had a whole bunch of other songs on it
    BassGuitar Hero
    There are just too many good Foo Fighters songs to include on one "greatest hits" album without making it into a "greatest hits box set" and just putting every single album in there.
    Deflection
    They should have put on more than 16 songs, 'cause there are a few other great ones missing.
    tim f.
    Hobo279 wrote: 15. Word Forward: another previously unreleased song, not as good as wheels in my opinion, but still sounds original, and overall, it will grow on you and the guitar riff in the pre-chorus will get stuck in your head. detest. Word forward was 10 times better than wheels. but hey, to each their own.
    too true hobo279
    tim f.
    dave grohl is a lyric master mind. i can relate to all his songs , they have helped me through alot like when my best friend died i heard everlong on tv and it was just so real to me dave grohl is my hero.
    The Magickan
    I'm kinda sad they didn't stick more songs from the Colour and the Shape on here. That was one flawless record that produced a good many foo classics
    TheAbsentOne
    Hobo279
    Menegas56
    alrazad : needs the one, aurora, DOA, and Let it die...other than that though its great still my favorite band of all time
    except with "the one", I thought exactly the same thing.
    alrazad
    mattant250
    I personally would have replaced Stacked Actors with The One, but overall, it is a quality Greatest Hits album. Hopefully, they will continue to make such brilliant records as they have since the first album.
    Scaff_UK
    I have the albums as well, but picked it up just for the sake of completion. If you can find it get the limited edition version which came with a DVD of around 20 videos as well.