Greatest Hits review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Nov 3, 2009
Foo Fighters: Greatest Hits

I like the grunge music that they make overall. It's reminiscent of Nirvana but has a little more modern in it! My favorite songs here are definitely "The Preteneder", "Everlong", and "Hero". Despite my love for rock, I deterred from Foo Fighters for the longest time. It wasn't that I didn't like them, it was just that I didn't know about them. But one faithful day, I was wandering aimlessly around walmart with a pocketful of old giftcards I wondered would still work, I saw the cover and picked it up. I flipped it around and stared at it and finally decided to get it. Now I'm amazed and hooked. This thing is amazing!

I feel like the Lyrics fit the music very well! The singer molds his voice to the harmony (with the help of two or three overdubs I noticed). He goes from a somber, melancholy voice, to a violent scream in a few lines. The lyrics are clever in their songs and that's hard to come by in such a generic music world nowadays. Good.

This definitely reminds me of Nirvana (yes I'm aware he's their old drummer). I love "Everlong", "Hero", "Wheels", "Skin And Bones", "The Pretender". they're all great though! I enjoyed the entire album and it will fit well with my collection. I've had a few bad CDs in my lifetime that was a complete waste of money, but this one makes up for them all. I love it and I'm definitely going to buy the rest of their CDs! I would definitely go buy this CD again if it were stolen.

StillSublime
    A foo fighter was actually a Nazi device used in WWII by the Third Reich to cause Allied planes to malfunction. Some speculate that they were actually a product of reverse engineering an alien spacecraft that crashed in Germany. They appeared as glowing balls of light, and the Allies thought they were Nazi superweapons. It is now widely accepted that they were the infancy of mercury self propulsion systems that scientists are still working on to this day. An orb of mercury is rotated by a gyroscope and this produces lift and a glowing light. Are UFOs actually the children of the foo fighters of Nazi Germany?
    Fatally Sick101
    @hiwaychild1 hs no idea what he is talking about! ITS "MY HERO!" btw
    Mainer no For All The Cows...
    I agree completely!