Hyde Park [DVD] review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Dec 5, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Foo Fighters: Hyde Park [DVD]

The Foo's sound amazing on this DVD, the only problem was on first playback the video seemed to lag the sound by like half a second but it only did that once. Dave's vocals are pretty sweet and you can hear all the instruments clearly. The buildup for the songs is awesome, the whole show is really exciting. One thing pissed me off and that was Dave being a bit arrogant throughout the show going on about how it was sold out blah blah blah you can tell he thinks he's awesome. RHCP sold Hyde Park out three consecutive days and they never bragged about it. But all in all a great show.

Content — 10
Live concert in hyde park. The set list is awesome, hey play all their greats like everlong, my hero, best of you etc but some other less known ones which are also awesome songs like stacked actors. They also feature two songs with guests, a Probot song Shake your Blood with Lemmy from Motorhead, and Tie your mother down with Brian May and Roger from Queen, with Taylor Hawkins (Foos drummer) singing. No extras but doesn't need it.

Production Quality — 8
No particularly trendy production qualities but the lighting and backdrop video for the show is pretty awesome and consistent throughout the whole show. They have a cool strip-like stage that runs out into the middle of the crowd and Dave sometimes runs out there and the crowd goes Nuts.

Probably the best live Foo Fighters except maybe Skin and Bones DVD but definetly worth the buy. Next best thing to seeing them live really. The best thing is the awesome guitar duel Dave and Chris have after Stacked Actors, followed by Taylors insane drum solo. If someone stole it, I'd buy it again because it's quite cheap but I've already backed it up on my HD-DVD so I wouldn't need to.

frusciante_50
    Once you witness the sheer power of bands like the Foos and QOTSA in person, no music dvd even comes close to the real thing. I get bored watching this DVD
    Obie
    red157 wrote: The only good thing about Foo Fighters in Hyde Park was the Queens of the Stone Age performance that preceded it.
    haha well said. queens have definitely gotten better over time. foo fighters just seem to be in a hurry nowadays
    Fuku-san
    I've never heard of that dvd ?! Does someone have the set-list, please ?
    druz15_UG
    1.In Your Honor 2.All My Life 3.Best Of You 4.Times Like These 5.Learn To Fly 6.Breakout 7.Shake Your Blood 8.Stacked Actors 9.My Hero 10.Generator 11.Doa 12.Monkey Wrench 13.Tie Your Mother Down 14.Everlong
    AEnima18
    yeah i was there, good vdv and even better seeing it live. is anyone gonna review the new dvd Live At Wembley Stadium? if not then i'm just about to watch it so i will!
    BigDyl
    Are you kidding?! That everlong was mad. It wasnt either version (the acoustic or the studio) but a mix of both. It built up so well and ended the entire concert amazingly.
    soapalot
    I was extremely disappointed with this dvd. On paper it looks like the greatest Foo Fighters concert ever, but it's not. The whole show is rushed, as if they were in a hurry to get off stage and get smashed with their idols backstage. I hope the next Foo Fighters dvd is done right (like Skin and Bones) because Everywhere But Home is a poor dvd too (the show is great but the production of it sucks)
    red157
    redhotmax
    i was at the gig on the day this was recorded and this was the single greatest thing in the world ever
    CrowLord
    I got this dvd, and it same with Skin and Bones, and its the greatest music dvd i ever bought.