In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

I was impressed with the quality of both albums. The rock side does have its heavy songs but the acoustic is great. They really expanded their sound and bringing in other guests for songs made it more epic. I hope people give it a listen because its a little different then you would expect but it has the same hooks that have made the Foo's a household name.

Some of the songs have good lyrical content. The acoustic opener "Still" is a song about someone commiting suicide when Dave Grohl was 10. The current single "Best Of You" has a lot of emotion. The words blend in well with the music. It is typical Foo Fighters material - songs about relationships and being positive. There are a couple of darker songs like Free Me and DOA.

The rock side reminds me of The Color and The Shape and One By One rolled into one. The acoustic reminds me of some of the poppier songs off of There is Nothing Left to Lose. The Foo's have a knack for writing rock songs with melody. I put this on the top of their list because they expanded their sound and tinkered with it. I was pleasantly surprised with the acoustic side. I thought it wouldn't be up to par. I think it was worth the wait and shows the band is can go from one extreme to another. The standout tracks on the rock side are "The Last Song," "Resolve," "Free Me" and "In Your Honor." The acoustic is hidden gem. "Still," "Miracle" and "On the Mend" are the best ones off the acoustic. I would buy this CD again if it was lost or stolen.