In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

What is with these freaking losers that download their f--king music? Stop complaining beacause it's copy-prtected. Does everybody in the world have iPods. I don't get it whats so hard about buying a CD for 12 bucks, popping it in your CD player or stereo and listening to it? This is total BS and the Foos don't deserve this when thay make a good record. People are basing their bad reviews on the CD because of the copy protection. What? I know theres got to be a way to download it else somewhere. I mean come on how about supporting a band for once. But nooo buy an iPod for 300 bucks, buy and download all the music you want for free. Don't give me that BS that you won't buy the album because you cant listen to it on your f--king iPod. People who don't want to buy the album because of that are not fans in the first place. Now on to the music. The Foos werent kidding when they said this album was gonna rock hard. The first disc blows you away with screams by Grohl and cool riffs and those trademark pounding drums. At first you will be suprised by the opening track In Your Honor. It starts off slow and gets into the main part of the song and stays at that pace until the drums kick in and Dave goes crazy. The song really dosent go anywhere but its good, but dont be dissapointed if you are because their are better tracks. I swear you will be totally suprised. Dave screams good and it puts energy throughout the whole disc 1.

The lyrics on both discs are some of the best Grohl has written. Good stuff and real inspiring. Dave's voice is better than ever and he screams suprisingly alot more on this album (the 1st disc that is). Than you would pretty much expect this but he turns down his voice and he sings softly and calmly for the 2nd disc. Almost soothing and very relaxing. The screamy tracks are In Your Honor, and Free Me. And dont take this the wrong way if you dont know the foos. This isn't death metal or screamo I'm just saying he puts energy into the music.

I just got this album but I think it is exceptional despite others reviews about the copy-protection that shouldn't matter. All that matters is the music. Both discs are good so I cant say which one is better yet because I only listened to it a few times. You can listen to it all the way through so dont worry all the tracks are good. The best tracks so far are No Way Back, Best Of You, DOA, The Last Song, Free Me, End Over End, Still, What If I Do?, Another Round, Over And Out, Virginia Moon and Razor. Absolutely buy it if your a fan of the foos or of rock. Forget the naysayers or Ipod download freaks this album is good. Keep it up Dave! Power to the Foo!