In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

The opening track is much different from their previous albums. The next few tracks give the feel of the 'loud' CD, there are a few tracks that reminded me of songs on the previous 'One By One' album. after listening to the CD the whole way through, it just kept gaining my approval, but then thinking the first two tracks were not up to scratch, I listened again and changed my mind, this is a quality CD. The 'not so loud' CD is pure brilliance! I do tend to listen to more acoustic stuff, but I love Dave's voice and Taylor's drumming (and obviously can't ignore Dave's drumming and the rest of the bands mass contribution). And this must be the greatest collection of music in my collection. There isn't on song on the 'not so loud' album that I would dare to press the skip button and I would find it hard to pick a favourtie song out of the CD.

I haven't taken in every lyric from the 21 songs! But the tracks which I have taken in the lyrics, they are so powerful! So much feeling and passion is put into every word. The example lyric I would use would be from the title track; 'In Your Honour' - the power and feeling in to the lyrics, 'In your honour I would die tonight', are just fantastic! The Foo Fighters' lyrics have really improved on every album, and this album is no exception. The way Dave uses so many tones within one singing type is amazing, he really does use his deep, husky voice to the best of his ability!

This is one of my most valuable albums in my collection already after owning it for two days, there is no way that I would let this album leave my CD player for a good month or so to come. I would recomend this album to anyone who purely likes pure music, even if you don't like one CD you'll like the other one, no dennying that! I mainly bought this album because of the Foo Fighters' back-catalogue and the great single 'Best Of You' of which is my favorite track from the whole album, although 'Resolve' and 'Deepest Blues Are Black' are also topping my favourites. Not forgetting the sheer quality of the mixing, although 'Best Of You' sounds as if it is quite quiet to the rest of the album, so that's where I turn it up either that or I'm playing the first two tracks too low on the volume. The 'not so loud' CD is just brilliant and could have done just as well to impress me by itself. But the commitment and brilliance Foo Foghters have shown in making 21 quality tracks and the idea of making two separate albums just finally clinches the Foo Fighters place in rock stardom. Well done to the Foo Fighters!