In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

I think anxious is the word. That's how I was feeling the last few months when I first heard of the foos new album. And what a great reward they gave me. This album blasted my ears out, and at the same time it took me to deep places. Maybe it's me, but The music in its entirely is awesome. The opening track "In Your honor" (in my opinion one of the best of the album) is a hell of a loud song but at the same time breathtaking. Loved also the 2nd (no way back, it has kinda of an '80s feeling on it, of course with a nowadays sound) and fell in love instantly with Best Of You, the third track, and first cut of the album, that I think gets better in the context of the whole album. Also "The Last Song" and "Resolve" are great songs. The acoustic disc is great also, with great songs like "Still" (a great beginning for this journey), "Virginia Moon" (with Norah Jones) and "On The Mend." To tell you the truth I'm not a very big fan of the foos, I think they are great, loved One by one, I think Nothing Left to loose is also great, but this I'm in love with. It blew me out right from the start to the end. Put your stereo to its peak and try to feel the songs, they will, sooner or later, take over your head and body.

The lyrics are great, I think Dave Grohl is at the top of his game in this album. It overwhealms me how he can scream with such anger in the first part, and sing so mellow in the other half. He did a heck of a job singing what he is writing. It's like he's explaining the meaning of the lyrics to the listener, by screaming in some parts and mellowing down or changing his voice in the next second.

Well, as you can see I love this album. I think they did a great job. Perhaps it's a bit hard to love all songs in the first listen, only because they're a lot. But having in mind they wrote 20 songs, it takes a few times listening it to get the true power of some songs. Maybe to some hardcore foos fans this ain't as good as their previous, but being a music fan overall, this album is a must! Trust me, it worths every penny. You won't be dissapointed.