In Your Honor review by Foo Fighters

• Released: Jun 14, 2005
Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

Without doubt the best sound yet. How can you go wrong with 10 hard-rock tracks (traditional Foo Fighters sound), and 10 'chillout' acoustic tracks. The sound is perfect. It's easy to notice a few of the traditional FF techniques, and Dave Grohl's voice is in better shape than ever. Some of the tracks (most noted are 'In Your Honor' and 'The Last Song') have sections where Grohl is screaming at the top of his voice, yet the sound is just superb. The acoustic tracks are pretty mellowed out and calm, but also sound cool. The drums aren't overused, or too loud, and Dave doesn't misuse his voice using a nice, calm tone throughout most of the acoustic tracks. Excellent sound.

What is good about this album is that the lyrics are somewhat similar to previous albums. Every single track is mixed in so well (lyrics to music). Aggressive lyrics are combined with heavy heavy guitaring, though the first 10 tracks are all hard rock, some has a sense of uplifting, some aggressive, and some pure rock tone. The lyrics haven't changed so much compared to previous albums, which, in my opinion is a good thing. I've always been a big fan of the Foo's lyrics, and this album is no exception.

I'm going to get a lot of wear out of this album. It'll be playing in my CD player, on my computer, on my iPod, and in my car until it scratches so much that the songs cannot be recognised. Most impressive songs would have to be 'In Your Honor', 'Best of You', 'Hell', 'DOA', 'The Last Song', 'Free Me' (from the 'rock' set), and to be honest, I loved all of the acoustic tracks, they were just unbelievably relaxing and cool to listen to. Is this worth buying? I'd mortgage my house to have my hands on this album. It's one of the best albums I have now. I don't have a single criticism, I'd be lying if I said I had anything bad to say about this album. Pure genius!